All building permit applications in the historic district must be reviewed by the Historic District Commission before the issuance of a permit. A copy of the local law #2 of 1973 is available in the town hall.
Zoning board meetings are on an as-needed basis. All applications for the board must come through the zoning office for review.
Building permits are issued only after a review is completed by the Zoning Administrator. Applications and information can be picked up in the Town Hall outside the Zoning & Building Department.
Pools & Wood Stoves need a building permit before installation. Please use the Building Permit Form (triplicate form not available for download) Please pick one up at Town Hall outside the Zoning & Building Office. When in question, please contact the Zoning Administrator before beginning any work.
The Building & Zoning Code (Zoning Ordinance) is accessible via the link above, can be reviewed at Town Hall, or a copy can be purchased at the Town Clerks Office or Zoning & Building Department for $20.00.
Please allow 24 hours for an inspection.
The Building Inspector will be out of the Office on March 16th and March 18th.
Inspections Times and Procedures:
All inspection must be scheduled 24 hours prior to the inspection date requested.
Type of Inspections:
- Footing inspections including rebar
- Foundation/Backfill including waterproofing and drainage around the foundation
- Rough Framing
- Ice and water shield before the roof is shingled
- Rough Plumbing, must be air or water tested
- Electrical is completed by an outside agent and a list is available at the building department daily
- Insulation Inspection
- Septic system inspection and a letter from a design engineer stating that the system was installed according to plan
- Final Electric: must be completed before final for C/O is issued
- Final Grading, Plumbing & Building and all completed on the same day
Building permit applications may be picked up at the Town Hall Daily
|Terry Anthony||Zoning Administrator & Building Inspector||(204)|
|Laurie Kruppenbacher||Building & Zoning Clerk|