Traffic Tickets

What do I do if I get a traffic ticket?

First, you do not have to come into court, unless your ticket is a misdemeanor charge.  If you wish to plead Guilty you may sign and date Part A on the ticket, mail it in and the Court will mail a fine notice back to you. If you wish to plead not guilty you may sign and date Part B on the ticket, mail it in and the court will schedule a pre-trial conference.  Tickets should be mailed to the Court prior to your appearance date.

What do I do if I get a suspension notice?

You should immediately contact the court to determine the reason for the suspension.  If the suspension is for failing to pay a fine the payment should be remitted to the Court.  If your fine is paid after your suspension date there is a $70.00 fee to lift your suspension in addition to any fine that may have been assessed. 

How can I pay my fine?

You may submit a money order or certified check made out to "Charlton Town Court" either in person or by mail.  Credit cards and cash payments must be made in person.  The court does not accept or personal checks.