Duties & Responsibilities
- As a chief fiscal officer of the town, the supervisor directs the day-to-day activities of town affairs and establishes the liaison committees of the town board. The town supervisor appoints the deputy supervisor and a confidential secretary.
- Provides direction in the implementation of policies adopted by the town board.
- Communicates: with the county, state, and federal agencies on matters relating to town government.
- Proposes: policies and projects for consideration by the town board.
- Legislative functions... Presides at meetings of the town board and is one of its five voting members. Calls for special meetings of the town board as needed. As a voting member of the board participates with the councilmen in the appointment of all non-elected employees.
- Fiscal responsibilities: Act as treasurer of the town and chief fiscal officer. Prepares the tentative budget. Signs all contracts authorized by the town board. Signs all checks for payroll and vendors.